How to prepare for a Life Insurance, Disability or Critical Illness Insurance Examination
Depending on your age, medical history, face amount or insurance company, a medical examination is often required as apart of the life insurance and critical illness insurance application process.
These exams can be arranged either at your home or place of business, often both during and after business hours, including the weekends.
Given the results can have direct impact on your rate classification, which helps to determine your premiums, it is important to follow a few simple rules for the best results possible.
Below are 10 tips to help you prepare:
- No strenuous exercise for at least 24-48 hours BEFORE the nurses visit
- Be well rested
- If applicant has a cold or flu, reschedule the appointment
- Limit alcohol for 24 – 48 hours prior to the exam
- Limit caffeine – coffee, hot chocolate, pop or sport drinks
- Reduce Smoking
- Fasting may be required
- Avoid vitamins and supplements for 24 hours
- Continue all prescribed medications
Remember to drink lots of water but avoid milk that day (contains sugar and fats) and even chewing gum (sugar).
While overhauling your entire routine may not be possible, following these few simple rules can help ensure the best results possible.
We would be happy to provide further analysis for your family’s specific circumstances. Contact Protect Your Wealth today to learn more!
We proudly service clients in Ancaster, Burlington, Dundas, Hamilton, Oakville, Waterdown and the surrounding areas.